The Belfast Historical Society and Museum is dedicated to the collection, conservation, preservation and interpretation of artifacts relevant to Belfast history.
Visitors to the Museum will see vintage photographs, maps, postcard collections and interpretive displays. An extensive archives and library are available for research.
Selected Belfast Historical Society images:
- Belfast baseball team, 1899
- First car to cross Penobscot Bay on ice, 1917
- Launching of Jennie Flood Kreger, Belfast, 1919
- George Dunbar, Steeple Jack, Belfast, ca. 1920
- Wedding party, Belfast, 1940
- Civil War quilt , Belfast, 1864
- James Harvey Stinson, Belfast, ca. 1900
- Post Office Square, Belfast, ca. 1875
- Harriet Burgess Towne, Belfast, ca. 1860